With so many”so-called” superfoods available on the marketplace, an individual can quickly become confused about which one to eat. Some of these super foods have a tiny, potent flavor, and it requires just a little bit of time to get used to eating it. There’s one super food. However, that’s been consumed by the Incas, Aztecs, and Mayans for thousands of years for its healing properties… and that food is raw organic cacao powder.
When you consider cacao, your idea immediately turns to chocolate, and you’re most likely wondering how chocolate can be right for you. However, the chocolate found in chocolate bars are not the raw kind of cacao, and it’s only once you eat cacao in its natural form which you can derive the benefits from it. Here are just a few advantages of eating raw cacao.
1. Raw cacao is a stimulant and will improve your body’s energy level and also make you feel great about yourself.
2. Even though it’s a stimulant, it also helps to regulate your sleeping patterns.
3. Eating cacao will lessen the effects of stress and fatigue.
4. Raw chocolate gives you a feeling of well being and euphoria and will decrease depression because it stimulates your brain’s neurotransmitters.
5. It is going to strengthen your cardiovascular system because raw cacao comprises flavanols that helps to keep blood pressure. The flavanols also prevents the build-up of fatty compounds that may clog the arteries.
6. Raw cacao is also a mild aphrodisiac.
7. Raw cacao has a high sulfur content. Sulfur is also referred to as the beauty mineral and is vital to detoxify the liver, gives you a beautifully healthy skin and helps to develop strong nails and hair.
8. The flavanols found in raw cacao operate in much the same manner as aspirin and blood-thinners since it will help to protect against the blood platelets from sticking together and forming blood clots causing strokes and heart attacks.
9. Dark chocolate has appetite suppressant qualities and can allow you lose weight. This is why cacao is often contained in weight loss products.
10. Raw cacao will also stimulate your body’s immune system.
Cacao is among the most complex food materials in the world and comprises over 300 chemically identifiable compounds.
Despite all of the apparent health advantages of eating raw organic cacao powder recall that there’s a enormous difference between cacao and chocolate. Even though they contain cacao, chocolates are made from processed cacao rather than the fresh version. Grocery store chocolates also contain high levels of sugar and unhealthy fats. Along with the sugars added to make chocolate candies, most chocolate comprises about 5% of their nutritional value of raw cacao. Dark chocolate, on the other hand, is made of raw cacao, so a whole lot of the original nutrients are kept during the procedure.
This means that if you genuinely want to feel the advantages of cacao, you’ll have to consume it in its raw form rather than in the shape of standard chocolate that you purchase in the grocery store.